Being in the middle of the transition

Hi,

we are now in the middle of the transition.  Since the weekend, the ftp
archive has been emptied from Debian GNU/Hurd packages.

Now we started to upload some packages, but we will move very slow until we
hear otherwise from the ftp admins, to absolutely make sure that the mirrors
will not be stressed unusally.  I will check tomorrow if todays run of 40MB
sticks out in the traffic statistics, if it doesn't, we did it right.

I moved the alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/debian hacking repository to
alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/debian-stdio.  Please change your apt configuration
accordingly if you still use it.  At some point (eg later this week), we
will create a new alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/debian repository for the libio
environment.

Note that during the transition, the debian-libio and debian-staging
repositories will break or change in various ways without notice.
You can still use them, but the Packages file is not up to date
(some packages are missing, for example).

The best thing to do for you is probably to just not update anything, and
when the transition is completed, re-install from scratch.  We will let you
know when everything is back in order and tested.

I hope that by the weekend we have completed the transition, and everything
will be as good as before (with just a bit fewer packages to choose from, as
not everything as been rebuilt yet.)

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de