Re: ../debian-staging/part1

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 12:29:52PM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:
> What is this directory for?  Should I mirror it?

This contains hard links to the debian-staging files for upload (because
they haveto be grouped with their changes file).

You should not update at all anymore.  I just removed 22 packages which had
screwed up group ids on some files:

base-files_3.0.2_hurd-i386.deb
debianutils_1.16_hurd-i386.deb
dog_1.7-3.1_hurd-i386.deb
dpkg_1.9.20_hurd-i386.deb
ffingerd_1.28-4.1_hurd-i386.deb
freecdb_0.62_hurd-i386.deb
ftplib-dev_3.1-1-4_hurd-i386.deb
ftplib3_3.1-1-4_hurd-i386.deb
mpack_1.5-7_hurd-i386.deb
netenv_0.82-12_hurd-i386.deb
netris_0.5-4_hurd-i386.deb
passwd_20000902-12_hurd-i386.deb
scalemail_0.0.2001.08.19_hurd-i386.deb
tetradraw_2.0.2-4_hurd-i386.deb
xxkb_1.6-4_hurd-i386.deb
autopilot
fidogate
hextype
kimwitu++
larswm
linleech
libpng2

Please remove them from your copy, too.  Obviously we will have to replace
at least some of them (dpkg etc), but we will not add them to debian-staging
but upload the recompiled ones to the Debian archive immediately.

To repeat it again, debian-staging is frozen for the upcoming upload.

The one file you might be interesting in is gnu-libio-20020422 which
contains a new tar file (this one contains fixed dpkg etc), and
cross-install/native-install, which you might want to sync with your tar
file scripts.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de