Re: J1 CD images

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 10:51:58PM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:
> I1 is rather confusing, so make it J1.
>
> I can almost make baseHurd.tgz.  The following packages are missing from
> my list.
> gnumach  (FMI, did this need to be rebuilt?)

It's in debian-staging now.

> libc0.2

You need libc0.3 and libgcc1.

> libreadline4

In debian-libio, we have to rebuild it to move it to debian-staging.  I
don't think there is a problem in doing so.

> libstdc++2.10

You need libstdc++3.

> Will alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/debian packages need to be reviewed?

Sure.  Everything that is not a dummy package in it will be removed, and
debian-libio will be moved there.

> What is happening with non-US?

Well, it will need to be rebuild as well.

> What is happening with contrib?

As long as nobody puts in the effort, it will not be built.  I certainly
won't build contrib or non-free packages.  As long as Debian has them, we
can't stop people from uploading there, but nobody can force us either.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de