Re: J1 CD images

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 10:51:58PM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:

> I1 is rather confusing, so make it J1.
>
> I can almost make baseHurd.tgz.  The following packages are missing from
> my list.

> gnumach  (FMI, did this need to be rebuilt?)

Nope.  But it will have been wiped out with the archive purge.  I will
produce a new one this evening.

> libc0.2

What's asking for this?  Nothing in the archive should be asking for
libc0.2 now, but instead should be asking for libc0.3.

> libreadline4
> libstdc++2.10

I'll look into these later (unless Marcus beats me to it)

> Three questions.

> Will alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/debian packages need to be reviewed?

Certainly.  It will probably grow, since for some critical packages we
used to be willing to do slight source hacks in order to make it
compile.  We no longer will do that.  That means that various packages
(even if really important) will wind up in there.

I'm hoping that when people show up and say "How can I help", that we
can say go to alpha:/gnu/hurd/debian, pick a package, and write
patches that get it out of there, and submit them upstream.

> What is happening with non-US?

I will continue to build that on my buildd.

> What is happening with contrib?

I will not be building contrib or non-free.  Note that Debian policy
allows us to have it, so if others feel like uploading them and
maintaining them, they will go into the archive.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey