Re: J1 CD images

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 10:51:58PM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:
> I1 is rather confusing, so make it J1.
>
> I can almost make baseHurd.tgz.  The following packages are missing from
> my list.
> gnumach  (FMI, did this need to be rebuilt?)

No, this doesn't have any dependecies on libc. I don't know if a new
snapshot will be released.

> libc0.2

This should be libc0.3 with the new ABI.

> libreadline4
> libstdc++2.10

These are both in the debian-libio directory, meaning that it didn't
build and needed some patches.

> Three questions.
>
> Will alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/debian packages need to be reviewed?

I think we still need some dummy packages.

> What is happening with non-US?

We are moving crypto into main, but non-US is more than only
crypto. Most of the thing are patents issues if I'm right. We still
have to build this.

> What is happening with contrib?

I don't know about this. Contrib itself is free software, but depends
on non-free software. I don't know if we have to build this, but IMHO
we shouldn't build non-free.

Jeroen dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org