Re: Package Database

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 03:29:10PM -0700, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> I'm just going through some of my buildd cleanup tasks in prep for
> getting going.  One of the big ones that I could use help (read: get
> someone else to do entirely) with is identifying packages which are
> "not-for-us".  Right now there's alot of packages (like devfsd,
> kernel-mode-pppd, etc...) that we shouldn't be attempting to build.
> It would be nice to get a complete list of those.

If nobody is doing that, I might be interested.

Right now, I can think about

pcmcia stuff
kernel stuff like ipchains/iptables, etc
firewall-related tools - should we ban these? If they can generate fw
  scripts that can be used in other systems, their presence might be
  justified.
audio stuff
dhcp servers/clients
beowulf things

what else?

--
Jordi Mallach Pérez || jordi@pusa.informat.uv.es || Rediscovering Freedom,
   aka Oskuro in    || jordi@sindominio.net      || Using Debian GNU/Linux

http://sindominio.net  GnuPG public information:      pub  1024D/917A225E
telnet pusa.uv.es 23   73ED 4244 FD43 5886 20AC  2644 2584 94BA 917A 225E