RMS interview on LWN

Hello all,
	I just read an interview with RMS on http://www.lwn.net/
and I'm confused about something:  RMS says "You can even use GDB to debug
the file system while the system is running--thread-specific breakpoints
allow you to..."

Now I'm still very much a Hurd newbie, but I'm sure I read somewhere that
pthreads isn't ported to the Hurd (I think I read it as the answer
to a faq asking about running gnome on Hurd, and the answer was that
pthreads is a pre-requisite for gnome).  So was RMS talking about a
different threads library or something that is planned but not yet
implemented?  Or am I just wrong about pthreads not being ported yet?

Best wishes,
		Bill.

--
Dr. William Bland.
Microsoft makes simple tasks easy and complex tasks impossible.