Re: A simple desktop

El dt, 02 abr 2002 18:09:08 Evandro Júnior ha escrit:
Hi Friends,

I´d like to know how to install a X-windows on Hurd, but I don´t know how do use dpkg and don´t known which CD has the X-windows. I downloaded the CD´s H2 cds 1 and 2.

Section 8.5 of the installation manual explains how to configure Xfree86
(http://web.walfield.org/papers/hurd-installation-guide/english/hurd-install-guide.html#SEC11)

I mounted de CD´s and tried to use dpkg -i * -R but it stop on the first directory level.

Set a translator for the second CD (ie, 'mount' it), then run
apt-cdrom add -d /cdrom. Then you can use apt-get as pointed by
Neal. When it asks for a CD, you need to set the translator
manually in first place AFAIK (use screen for multiterminal).

Look in www.debian.org/doc for info on general Debian tools
like dpkg and apt

Cheers,