Reconfiguring Mach

I just recently got my Hurd setup semi-working (I can log in, in other words).
I believe I need to recompile GnuMach for network card support and IDE disk
controller support. My network card is tulip-based, and the disk controller
is CMD649 (close and possibly ??? compatible relative of the CMD640).

The configure script tells me I'm running the wrong system:
josh@moby:~/cvs/gnumach$ ./configure
configure: error: sorry, this is the gnu os, not linux-gnu
josh@moby:~/cvs/gnumach$

I know someone helped me with this before. Don't I have to use some --HOST=
flag or something like that? How can I compile this thing from Linux?

Thanks

- Josh