Re: Autobuilder needed?

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 11:41:56PM -0600, Adam Majer wrote:

> > > Is there a need for a Hurd autobuilder? I noticed that there are a
> > > great deal of packages out of date for Hurd....
> >
> > I've got an autobuilder here that is turned off while we prepare to do
> > an ABI change.  When that is complete, package building will resume.
>
> What is ABI?

Google and dict will likely give you a more concise answer than I
will.

> > Are you a current Debian Developer?  If yes, we will need help during
> > this ABI change.  We will be manually rebuilding [0] every package
> > that is currently in the Hurd archive and probably uploading in one
> > pass.
>
> I see. Do you know when this will happen? I am currently in NM queue.
> Maybe I should hurry my AM to get the package check done :) I'll
> email him tomorrow...

Hurrying a volunteer is never a good idea.  Especially one that can
deny you access to something.

We're sometime away from the ``rebuild party''.

> Yes, sbuild is good... But is there a way of convincing anyone that
> the logs produced in build should be posted onto buildd.debian.org..
> I am not talking about in "corner" somewhere but it would be very
> nice to have them listed under "packages for each developer".. For
> example,

rmurray@debian.org is the right person to talk about what you want on
buildd.debian.org.

--