inode properties (Was: Re: httpfs what is it?)

tb@becket.net (Thomas Bushnell, BSG) writes:

> On the one hand, "Yeah!  Totally!"
>
> On the other hand, "Resource forks suck".

Properties should be used only for such things where it makes sense
that plain cp loses the attributes, and cp -p doesn't.

It makes sense to me to have the properties interface only deal with
properties in their entirety, not as streams (but on the other hand,
it might be useful to have properties whose values are some kind of
links to other inodes).

So, well, it's tempting to say "we're just doing the mechanism, not
the policy". If I really want to add a property that contains an mpeg
movie of some friend playing with his or her cats, well, why can't I
do that? ;-)

Regards,
/Niels