Re: httpfs what is it?

Is it possible that this could become a part of a more all-encompassing
Virtual FileSystem implementation like that seen in KDE? (KIOSlaves, etc.)
Allowing any application to view data using any protocol is very powerful
idea, used well in KDE and I believe becoming implemented in GNOME. However,
my concerns with having this protocol layer at the high level of a desktop
environment is that performance is probably not what it could be and non-KDE
or non-GNOME apps can't take advantage of it.

So to build an OS with this sort of support from the start would be very
beneficial, IMHO.

- Josh