Re: Any webservers out there?

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 10:12:29PM +0100, Oystein Viggen wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does anybody have or know of a web server running the GNU Hurd with a
> direct connection to the internet?  The reason I'm asking is that if I
> can provide the address of such a server, the netcraft guys might add
> the Hurd to their OS detection.

It's questionable if they can seperate the Linux 2.2 TCP/IP stack from our
pfinet, which uses the same code.  But there is not enough information on
their site to figure it out.  Also, I don't know how they find out the
uptime, I'd like to know so I can make sure they can do this correctly with
the Hurd.

I don't know of any public server, but I could probably set one up for them
and for a constrained time frame.  But I expect that someone else will be
able to give them a better opportunity.

If we can make non-invasive changes in pfinet to help the detection of the
OS, I would not object against applying them, as long as they are very
small, simple and don't have any effect on the normal operation.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de