Re: X server for i810

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 12:07:24AM +0100, Johan Vervloet wrote:
> I installed Debian/GNU Hurd from the H2 cdroms, and I wanted to install
> xfree86.  I have an Intel i810 video card, and I didn't manage to install an
> xserver from a package.  So I downloaded the sources of XFree86 4.1.0, which
> I compiled myself.

The i810 doesn't work, it uses special AGP magic (the agpgart linux
module) and that is supported by mach at the moment. I (and Neal also
IIRC) have the same problem with those cheap on-board cards.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org
Debian GNU supporter - http://www.debian.org http://www.gnu.org