Re: glibc 2.2.2-1 uploaded ... Time for a new CD?

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> > X presumably will be in alpha.gnu.org, will the dummy packages be there as
> > well?
>
> The dummy packages are, but X I will probably upload to debian.org
> proper, if it works out as I think it will. The patching necessary
> should be down to an acceptable minimum that for short while (until
> patches are incorporated) the binaries are not from 100% clean source.
>
> Otherwise, they will be on alpha.gnu.org.

I will probably stick with the present CD format for the F series,
staying with boot-floppies 2.2.17 and dselect as the initial installation
tool.  But I will tweek bf to remove an unwanted "feature" and conflate
alpha.gnu.org and the official archive into a "dummy" archive, and build
the CD images from this.  The images should be good.  Thank unix for hard
links, I am beginning to suffer from a space shortage.

The F series should be a good starting point for transfering from the
classical file structure to the pool structure (G series).  The latest
debian-cd in cvs is being tested for pool compatibility.  apt will need to
be thoroughly tested and check out in the CD environment for this to work.
It would be good to have tasksel working and a few task-* packages at this
stage.

Phil.

-
  Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Dunedin, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818
     philipc@copyleft.co.nz - prefered.           philipc@debian.org