Re: H1 - grub.

On Sun, 14 Oct 2001, Thierry Laronde wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 10:38:31PM +1300, Philip Charles wrote:
> > Has anyone had any experience with Grub 0.9?  Any horror stories?  Should
> > it be included in the H1 CD set.
>
> Please wait till tonight since I will send the patches for CD and
> extended format booting with the GRUB. Once this is done, GRUB can be
> used to make at least a Demo-HURD, that is to allow to boot directly
> HURD from the CD since we won't have any limitation in size (HD
> emulation) and since GRUB is able to load the multiboot compliant HURD.

This sounds interesting.  I will get to work on this if no one else wants
to.  However, it will have to wait until after H1 as I committed to this
and hope to have it out at the end of the month.

> My apologize for being that slow on the modification but as some other I
> think I have some difficulties keeping my mind on the work with the
> international situation.

My sympathy.  It is bad enough here, and I could hardly be futher away
from the centre of things.

Phil.

-
  Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Dunedin, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818
     philipc@copyleft.co.nz - preferred.           philipc@debian.org