Re: H1 images

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Neal H Walfield wrote:

> > eg. "initial.sh" installs (with dependencies):- at logrotate console-data
> > info man-db manpages mailx exim bsdmainutils console-common ncurses-term
> > doc-linux-text perl lynx anacron aptitude mc

screen, sudo, vim and inetutils have been added.

> > I am thinking about,
> > developer.sh
> > X.sh
>
> I think that these are very good ideas.

Any ideas about what I should include?

> > There are still no partitioning tools?
>
> Yes. Parted 1.5.4 compiles and works correctly under the Hurd.  This
> is, however, not yet packaged.

Good, would someone nuge me when it is uploaded.

> The booting has changed a bit; this is reflected in the latest version
> of my installation guide.  Expect new Hurd and GNU Mach packages this
> week.

Good.  I will grab a copy.

I would find it very helpful if some kind soul would collect the
documentation that should be included on the CDs in one place, and keep it
up to date.  This is something that a relative newbie to the Hurd could
do.

Phil.

-
  Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Dunedin, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818
     philipc@copyleft.co.nz - preferred.           philipc@debian.org