Re: Loop booting gnumach.gz from CD G1-1

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 03:16:27PM -0600, Mark Paulus wrote:
> Does your BIOS have a message that says something
> like:
>
> Booting from Device CDROM.  Press any key to abort
> or wait and CD will boot.
>
> Or something along those lines?  And/Or, does the boot fail
> when the CDROM Drive is installed as Primary, even when there
> is no disc in the drive?  Or does it only fail when there is a disc
> in the drive??

More strange: i've tested various cdrom drive (LG 32x, ASUS 40x, Philips
24x, BTC 8x) without problem. Only a LG 40x (model CRD-8400B) fail if it is
primary slave. I've tested the same drive in another machine, same result.
I've put the drive as secondary slave and gnumach boot.

Hard disk is a fujitsu 2Gb. The cdrom drive is empty.

I've tested the CDROM LG 40x with and HD Western Digital (all in the primary
ide channel) and gnumach don't boot.

More tests in the next days...

ciao

Michele