Re: Loop booting gnumach.gz from CD G1-1

On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 11:26:09AM +0200, Michele Dalla Silvestra wrote:
> I've tried to install the new iso image (hurd-G1-CD1.iso), it work well in
> my old P233MMX, but enter into loop in my Celeron 466.

I would be good if you could get into (cross) compiling gnumach so you can
test several things.  First, compile yourself a smaller version of the
kernel with just the drivers you need.  If that works, there is a
driver/hardware conflict, and it would be good to learn more about your
hardware (controllers, other cards etc).  For example, kernelas after 1.2-9
come with ncr53c8xx driver enabled.  Maybe leaving that one out will fix it
already.

If not, then it's one of the other, not driver related changes sinve then
that causes the bug.  There have only been few, and I can't imagine which
one was it, but it won't be very hard to isolate the change that prevents
it from booting.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de