Re: Loop booting gnumach.gz from CD G1-1

On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 10:56:02PM +1300, Philip Charles wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Oct 2001, Michele Dalla Silvestra wrote:
> > In the celeron, gnumach recognize hd0, hd1, ide0 and fd0, then no other
> > messages. The same machine boot without problem with gnumach from the
> > tarball gnu-20010308.tgz
> >
> For my peace of mind, the problem is with gnumach and not the installation
> CD itself, right?

No, the same CD install well in the P233.

I've extracted baseHurd.tgz and installed in another way, it run in the P233
but not in the Celeron. I'll try to upgrade it in the next days.

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 12:30:49AM +1300, Philip Charles wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Oct 2001, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
>
> > What version of the gnumach package is that?  We don't have a list of the
> > packages on the CD ready here.
>
> gnumach_20010818-1_hurd-i386.deb
>
> > Also here the version of the gnumach package would be interesting to know.
>
> Can't help here.  I must start keeping an archive of Hurd CDs.

Package: gnumach
Installed-Size: 747
Maintainer: GNU Hurd Maintainers <bug-hurd@gnu.org>
Version: 1:1.2-9