Re: Debian GNU or Debian GNU/Hurd?

    DKT> PS I may have been dreaming, but I'm pretty sure I read
    DKT> messages on this list some time ago that implied that "Debian
    DKT> GNU/Hurd" had already been decided on as the official
    DKT> name. Maybe it was just someone's opinion, though. -- David.

        I suspect that you are refering to this message by Roland
      McGrath (strangely, I couldn't find it in the archive):

Date: Mon,  2 Jul 2001 17:02:12 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: labeling the CD set
To: Philip Charles <philipc@copyleft.co.nz>
Cc: debian-hurd@lists.debian.org

        The GNU Project and the Hurd developers use the name
      "GNU/Hurd" to refer to a whole operating system that is based on
      the Hurd and other GNU packages. This is the preference of the
      FSF and we (the volunteer Hurd developers) are happy with that
      and like the consistency of uniform treatment of the
      name. Please use "GNU/Hurd" to refer to the operating system
      when speaking formally in documentation or choosing titles.

        I do not speak for Debian or Debian/Hurd, but "Debian
      GNU/Hurd" is what I've understood to be the proper title of the
      debian distribution.

-----

Those were the days before Thomas was back amongst us.

Paul.

--
Paul.Emsley@chem.gla.ac.uk
 http://www.chem.gla.ac.uk/~paule