mount ***--> segmantation fault

Hi,

I've got problems mounting any devices.
e.g. if I type "mount /dev/fd0 /floppy", I get a
Segmentation fault.
Mounting any other partition fail, too.
I didn't forget to run /dev/MAKEDEV <device> (eg fd0)

partitions mentioned in /etc/fstab work, when they are mounted on startup,
thus this are only the root and the swap partitions. There, I also added
some
entries for fd0 or something, but this changed nothing.

To install my system, I used the tarball an the Debian-CDs, and now,
gnu-20010308.tar.gz. Same behaviour. I also downloaded new hurd, mach,
oskit and mig files and extracted them into /src/*.

What's the best way to compile and install them? Under hurd or using
Linux?

Flo