Good news

Hello,

first, I want to thank Marcus Brinkmann for his help. Without him, HURD
woulnd't
boot on my machine until now. THANK YOU!

Yesterday I tried to disable the com-port as you told me, what worked
well.
Your script (/hurd-install/hurd-bootdsk) didn't work, it said:

bash: ./hurd-bootdsk: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

After I removed the first line (bash start), it said:

:command not found
./hurd-bootdsk :line 90: syntax error: unexpected end of file

I know, this was the wrong way, so I began new. I really didn't know, what
it
was, so I decided to install GRUB manually, just to check, if I understood
the right procedure. Therefore I used the GRUB-image on the CD, modified
the
menu.lst file and installed GRUB into the MBR. This worked.

I added a new user (adduser) and modified etc/fstab for my swap-partition.
I used excact the same line as in my linux-/etc/fstab. Is this right ?

As You'll see in my attachment, I've now changed your script. I don't know
if this will
do it - I strongly hope so. I've made the changes at work, so I'll not be
able to test it
before tonight - I'll test it after work today.

I've got another question:
How can I tell hurd to use a german keymap and bash ?
How can I use my scsi? (in linux: append="aha 152x=0x340,9")

Thanks

FlorianQ