Re: Adding new device support

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 11:31:51AM -0700, Hendrik Groeneveld wrote:
> What is the "official/supported" method for adding new device drivers to
> the kernel? I need support for a pdc20267 ATA/100 ide controller and
> before I start working on a driver I'd like to know that the effort will
> be useful.

I have started some work on porting the Linux PDC20xxx drivers, and
some of the other ATA-100 drivers (though I'm not able to test any
of those) from the Linux 2.2 branch to the oskit-mach tree of gnumach.
It should work when I sort out all the build errors, which I'll be
working on this week.

If you're interested I can keep you posted as soon as I get a new
kernel running. Hopefully later this week.

Regards
 /Joachim

--
Joachim Nilsson   <joachim.nilsson@vmlinux.org>