Re: Lies, damned lies, and statistics

--- Philip Charles <philipc@copyleft.co.nz> wrote:
> There are now 1998 Hurd specific binaries.  There were 592 at the
> beginning of May.  Of these 86 did not make it to the CDs,
> presumably
> because of dependency problems.
>
> The total number of packages in the Hurd archive is 4081, 524 did
> not make
> it to the CDs.  I plan to include these 524 packages in a separate
> section
> on the last (third) CD.
>
> The number of Hurd specific binaries that have been forced onto the
> second
> CD is 89.  debian-cd makes certain that packages on the first CD
> have
> their dependencies met.  I propose to move games and/or graphics to
> the
> second CD as these are unlikely to upset dependencies on the first
> CD.
>
> The build scripts for the CDs have been rewritten for debian-cd
> 2.2.7 and
> provided that apt_0.5.4 is "corrected" for the Hurd and the dpkg
> problem
> is resolved, we will be in a position to produce the F4 CDs with
> the
> canonical file structure.
>
> Would it worthwhile producing a set of source CD images?
>
> Phil.

Is there not just one set of source cd's for any archtexture?  Or is
it a debian-cd feature to create a source cd with everything that is
in the archive?  I would like to see a source cd, but would the
debian
source cd include sources for packages that don't compile?

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware