Re: apt

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 10:01:15AM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:
> > I notice that apt_0.5.4_hurd-i386.deb is in the archive.  Does this
> > version have the CD modification that is in
> > apt_0.5.3.robbe.1_hurd-i386.deb?
>
> No.  As a matter of fact, no patch was followed up to bug number #104186.
> I think Roberts patch was correct, so it should be submitted to the bug
> report.  But I have not tested it and not looked at it again in the
> meantime.

Tried a test installation of a F4 CD last night and as usual ran into a
series of problems, this time with upgrading the tarball, and so I did not
get up to testing Robert's apt.  With any luck I should be able to resolve
the tarball upgrade problem in the next two or three days.

Phil.

-
  Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Dunedin, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818
     philipc@copyleft.co.nz - preferred.           philipc@debian.org