Re: journaling filesystems

--- Robert Millan <zeratul2@wanadoo.es> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm going to set up a GNU/Linux server using a journaling
> filesystem in /
> but i'm planning to migrate to GNU/Hurd as soon as it supports a
> few things
> i need, including a journaling filesystem.
>
> So my question is, whenever the Hurd includes support for one of
> those filesystems,
> which of them will it be?
>
> In the debianplanet poll seems that reiserfs and ext3 are the
> preferred options,
> will both Debian GNU/Linux and Debian GNU/Hurd use the same default
> filesystem
> in the future?
>
> thanks,
>

> --
> Robert Millan               Debian GNU (Hurd) user

If you need journalling and want to use hurd, You probably should
use ext3, that way you haven't lost any information.  Plus if you
get creative you probably have a head start if you try to implement
a translator for ext3 since we have an ext2 translator.

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware