Re: Networking

Yes Philip. I know. The images you write of are precisely the images I
used to install as much of the Hurd as I have done so far.

The point I was trying to make is that there are no drivers disks
(drivers-[1-4].bin), so the GNU/Linux 'installer' cannot do any
networking either - it can't load the drivers for any network cards
either - hence not networking there either.

(If I'd had the drivers, and if the installer knew of the option, I
wouldn't have had to write the 11 disks required to transfer
baseHurd.tgz - I could have just said "they're available through NFS at
the following address ...", or "collect the necessary files by FTP/HTTP
from the following address ...", or something like this. This has long
been a feature of the Debian Linux installer).

Regards,

Dave McDonald