Networking

Hi,

I was having trouble getting my dual processor/PCI/SCSI buss machine
booting the Hurd. Well I fixed that (for the time being) - I removed the
SCSI card and am now using an IDE HDD with partitions less that 1 Gb in
size.

My new problem? ...

Well, I don't have F3 CD-ROMS; I just have the F3 images. Yes I know I'm
being a cheapskate. (What do you expect - I have thrifty scottish blood
coursing through my veins ;^) .

I was planning to NFS map the CD-ROM images (after mounting them with a
loopback iso9660 filesystem) from another machine, but I cannot
configure the network card.

The Hurd knows that they're there (it found the two Intel EEPro100 cards
when it boots), I but I can't assign addresses.

I'm sure I recall having seen this question before (possibly couched in
different terms), but I can't recall where.

Can somone please point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks

Dave McDonald
Head Cheapskate and Bottlewasher

:^)