Re: Trouble installing hurd-F3-main

On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 06:58:09PM +1000, Dave McDonald wrote:
> The floppies seem to install fine and the Grub boot floppy loads the
> images from the /boot directory on the hard disk, but the boot stops
> (without any error messages) after noting that 419 microcode
> instructions have been loaded into the the Adaptec 2940U card.
> [snip]
>         Drives:
>                 CDROM:  Hitachi CDR130 /dev/hdc (Linux)
>                 HDD:    Seagate ST3151N (ID#0)
>                                 Partition 1:    128 Mb, type 82 (swap)
>                                 Partition 2:    remainder of 2 Gb drive
I'm unsure, but to my knowledge Hurd/GNUmach doesn't yet understand
partitions greater than 1024 MB. Try using two smaller partitions
(<1024 MB).

If that doesn't help maybe your Adaptec SCSI-card isn't yet ported.
Some of the developers might be aware of this ...

 /Joachim

--
Joachim Nilsson   <joachim.nilsson@vmlinux.org>
+46-(0)21-123348  <http://www.vmlinux.org/crash/>