Re: 40% mark crossed

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 02:51:08PM -0700, Ian Duggan wrote:
> Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > The s390 has the size of a fridge and the power of a lion.  If you switch it
> > on, the light flickers in that part of the city.  It's the (not-so?) new IBM
> > mainframe, which can run several operating systems in parallel.
>
> Given. So the assumption is that they just cranked away on some packages
> all of the sudden? The line increases at a moderate rate, not unlike
> ours, and then suddenly spikes. I'm just wondering if maybe the stumbled
> across something that caused a lot of packages to suddenly roll over and
> compile.

They got a new member of their Debian porting team recently, and also
did a fairly enormous amount of toolchain work, I believe.

> Afterwards, their rate is again the same as ours, with the addition of
> some downturn as well. We might want to investigate this further.
>
> How would I get in touch with that group?

Try debian-s390@lists.debian.org.

BTW, Marcus, the version of groff currently in hurd-i386 is sufficiently
broken that it can't build XFree86, which may cause you problems (the
build dependency is unstated). You might want to upgrade that fairly
soon to 1.17.2-5 or the 1.17.2-6 in incoming, if you haven't already.