HOWTO

Ok, I am quite a newbie on the HURD, but I have some
experience in Linux, so I find myself limited tried to

do things "the Linux way".

I am going to do a "Linux to HURD HOWTO" with all the
silly (and not so silly) differences. Is there
anything
like that already?

Some of the questions I thought of are:

Q. I can not find "mount" in my computer, where is
it?A. There is not such a thing, use settrans (link to

somewhere/more info on its usage).

Q. How do I switch virtual terminals?
A. ///I do not know the answer to this///
Q. Where are my device files for the CD and so?
A. Make them (explanation)

Q. Network card configuration?
A. I don't know yet (I haven't needed yet)

Q. Where is RPM?
A. There isn't (yet), it uses dpkg.
Q. Keyboard layout configuration?
A. No idea yet

I tought of a couple more, but I can't remember now.

Any more suggestions? (and, if possible, answers to
the questions I don't know).

Do you think I should go on with it?

Thanks very much

Gabriel