Re: patches for openssh

James Morrison <rocketmail_com@rocketmail.com> writes:

> I'm looking for the openssh patches for HURD. They aren't on Robbe's
> page anymore.

They are in the official Debian source now => "apt-get source
openssh", or (if apt is not available) from
ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/o/openssh/

>  Also to get the Slang frontend for debconf to work, i've had to
> add a link from libslang.so.1 to libslang.so

James Morrison <rocketmail_com@rocketmail.com> writes:

> --- Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
> > Which package contains the program/library which contains the
> > dependency on libslang.so ? This needs to be recompiled.
>
> It debconf, I traced it as far as perl couldn't load the slang
> library then added the link and it worked.

On Linux, libterm-slang-perl provides the support:

$ ldd /usr/lib/perl5/auto/Term/Slang/Slang.so
        libslang.so.1 => /lib/libslang.so.1 (0x4001d000)
[...]

Perhaps this is not linked correctly on GNU/Hurd.

--
Robbe