Re: [ppp] New Release: 20010729

On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 06:40:34PM -0500, Neal H Walfield wrote:
> I am very pleased to announce a new snapshot (20010729) of ppp for
> GNU/Hurd.  It is available in the usual spot:
>
> 	ftp://walfield.org/pub/people/neal/ppp/ppp-latest.tar.gz
>
> I am now confident in its use over a serial line (i.e. we can
> successfully negotiate and, given enough time (or two Hurds), we easily
> provoke bugs in _hurd_select).  In order to test actually dialing in, I
> will need to finish the port to Linux (including fixing the tunnel
> driver).  Or, someone else can debug it for me.

Just a quick heads up I have tried it and it has dialed in and setup the
interface. The only problem is in accessing the outside world, it is a no go. I
will provide more info after testing this latest release.

Dan
--
Daniel E Baumann      danielb@freedevelopers.net

***Free Dmitry Sklyarov! Boycott Adobe! Repeal DMCA!***

And if cynics ridicule freedom, ridicule community...if ``hard nosed
realists'' say that profit is the only ideal...just ignore them, and use
copyleft all the same.
      -- RMS