Re: CD policy needed.

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, BlueKernel wrote:

> > 1.  How are we to determine what goes on the first CD?
> The way I see it it's very simple. The first CD should contain packages that
> are used mostly. If that doesn't get us below 650Mb then we choose (from
> those) the most important ones. Like, if we have (after selecting the mostly
> used) three packages that are similar, we choose one of them (by whatever
> means necessary) and burn the rest on the second set.

The problem is how to determine the most important.  If someone could come
up with some formula it would help.  At the moment my thinking is to move
stection: games and section: graphics to the second CD.

> > 2.  What are we going to do about sid source?
> I'm looking up the .net for source references and the most important ones. I
> think it would be nice (and wise) to have a Hurd Source CD, which would
> contain packages for (and only) Hurd (not using GNU/Linux souces, as Adam
> mentioned)

It is possible to separate out Hurd source from sid, but this would only
include the source of installable Hurd packages.  Scripts could be
tweaked, but this would only extend the selection to source for which Hurd
binary packages existed.

I have just checked
ftp://ftp.fsn.hu/pub/CDROM-Images/debian-unofficial/sid and while the
binary images are available, there are none for source.  Does anyone know
of any site that has sid source?

Phil.