Re: F3 on the way/main archive

What is the status of oskit-Mach and gnumach with
the gcc-3.0 project? I haven't made any progress in
booting oskit-Mach yet, other than generating a kernel
panic at startup. I can compile it natively, but I suspect
that I have a problem with my OSKit installation. The
code I compiled for oskit was a tarball from the University
of Utah, not the Debian source package.

Actually I should just try and rebuild the packages on
my system. I'm not real experienced with making deb's
from the source code packages, I've used Debian on
and off since way back in 1993, but compiling debs
always seemed mysterious to me. I admit that I don't
fully understand all the extra infrastructure that controls
dependencies and installation methods.

Is their a straightforward way to compile the oskit deb
from the source deb?

Thanks,
- Doug