Re: kernel...

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 05:09:48PM -0300, BlueKernel wrote:
> "The Hurd should, and probably will, be ported to other hardware
> architectures or other microkernels in the future."
> That's a thing that i copied from Hurd's Site. I wanted to ask with will be
> the other microkernels that hurd will be ported to.
>

> Thanx

There's the L4 microkernel as Marcus mentioned, but it's proving more difficult
as it should. The Hurd is very close to the Mach ukernel.

There's a very nice page on L4-Hurd somewhere on the gnu.org website, outlining
the problems, advantages etc. I can mail it to you.

Oh, the L4 ukernel runs on other hardware as well, Alpha comes to mind.

--
Danie Roux *shuffle* Adore Unix