Re: F3 on the way/main archive

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, BlueKernel wrote:

> 2. Sources
> Reason: I still don't understand why source codes aren't distributed under
> the CDs. Probably because it's very big, changed very offen and woundn't be
> much of a help. Nevertheless I think that Gnu/mach (and other basic) source
> codes should be included on the this distribution. It's very small (from a
> CD-ROM point of view) and also very important to Hurd development. It could
> be like a package with the whole content of GNU/mach CVS archive.

If someone would prepare a list (small) of sources that should go onto the
CDs, that would be helpful.

> 3. ls
> Reason: Another thing that i haven't found on the Hurd distributions it's
> the common 'CD file/directory listing'. At least when i'm downloading a
> Debian GNU/Linux .ISO image there is always a file listing the whole CD-ROM.

I am hacking a rather old (12 months?) version of debian-cd which came out
of cvs.  May be it is time for me to start again.

Phil.

-
  Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Dunedin, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818
     philipc@copyleft.co.nz - preferred.           philipc@debian.org