Re: Hurd instalation

On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, BlueKernel wrote:

> List,
>
> I've been trying to install the HURD on my computer. I'm using some
> documents online to help me (like http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-cd)
> but that doesn't stop me from having problems. The basic system was
> installed without much throuble (and the help from the doc.). The problem is
> being the cdrom. My cd is on Primary slave, a SONY and under etc/fstab i've
> added the line:
> /dev/hd1s1    /cdrom    ext2    rw    1    1

I suspect that your machine disagrees with the documentation ;)

In theory my cdrom should be /dev/hd1.  The sole HDD is /dev/hd0, BUT when
I watched the Hurd boot I saw that the cdrom was /dev/hd2.  The master on
the second ide channel.

Don't touch fstab, it is modified automatically.

On my machine (K5, 32 MB RAM) "settrans -a /cdrom /hurd/isofs /dev/hd2"
mounts the cdrom nicely.

Phil.

-
  Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Dunedin, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818
     philipc@copyleft.co.nz - preferred.           philipc@debian.org