Re: Hurd instalation

Hello!

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 11:03:42AM -0300, BlueKernel wrote:

> /dev/hd1s1    /cdrom    ext2    rw    1    1
>
> I've tried to start it, by:
> settrans -a /cdrom /hurd/isofs /dev/hd1s1
> but it says that /dev/hd1s1 does not exist or 'address error' (or something
> like that)

Hmm two things are interesting why do you have ext2 as file system type
in your fstab, should be iso9660 and on the other hand you not only
give a device but also a slice number.

You should try it with /dev/hd1 not /dev/hd1s1.

Fabian

P.S.

As a side note i never touched my fstab and thats what i have as cdrom:
/dev/hd2        /cdrom          is09660 noauto                  0       0

its is0 not iso??

I think i never used fstab and mounted directly with settrans.