RE: Slowness during installation

http://angg.twu.net/the_hurd_links.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Golbeck [mailto:gowlin@gowlin.org]On Behalf Of Ryan Golbeck
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2001 8:03 PM
To: debian-hurd@lists.debian.org
Subject: Slowness during installation

Heya all;

I'm trying to get Debian GNU/Hurd running so that I might be able to help
out a bit.

I'm having some problems though.  I tried doing through the installation
instructions in the link off of http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd and I
tried the first method, and it complained I was missing dpkg-mountable.
(I'm pretty sure I installed all the packages required by the install
but I'm not sure, I'm currently running woody).

So instead I just installed the tarball and booted into Hurd, but everything
seems to take a LONG time to load.  Even when the shell comes up, I might
be able to get in a couple 'ls' commands before I have to wait to even
see my typing come up on the screen.

I got the latest tarball from the link, gnu-20010308..

Any idea of what this could be?

Ryan Golbeck <rmgolbeck@uwaterloo.ca>
Computer Science
University Of Waterloo

GPG: 1024D/78916B84
1B1B 2A87 3F00 A7FB 40F3  526D 36CF BA44 7891 6B84