Re: Anyone has read the FSF Usenix speech ?

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:

> In my opinion, it would be quite important to enable the developer of user
> applications to make use of the special features on the Hurd.  Like, for
> example, adding support for translators in tar etc.

I'd also like more examples of real-world applications that simply
run /better/ on the Hurd. Bragging is essential <g>.

Most people would simply shurg if I tell them that you can have a
directory hierarchy a million levels deep. But showing them, say, a
lsh daemon that runs without uids (and gets them when needed via the
passwd server, or a yet-to-be-written pubkey server) would certainly
raise a few eyebrows.

--
Robbe