Re: Anyone has read the FSF Usenix speech ?

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 09:55:53AM +0500, dim wrote:
> I disagree about waiting more docs and Hurd-peoples before such
> inviting.
> Where from there will be such docs and peoples without inviting? ;)

>From you and me of course.

I didn't mean that we should go undercover and not ask interested developers
to help us out.  But we should be honest and say that people who come in right
now have to figure out a lot of things themselve that is probably unrelated
to the things they want work on.  For example, there are bugs which prevent
them from doing what they want.  There are undocumented areas of the source
code they might need to build on.

In my opinion, it would be quite important to enable the developer of user
applications to make use of the special features on the Hurd.  Like, for
example, adding support for translators in tar etc.

We need a list of such features and some documentation on how they are
implemented and how support for them can be integrated in programs.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de