Re: Anyone has read the FSF Usenix speech ?

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 02:44:47AM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 02:15:30AM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > You mean this one? From http://www.gnu.org/press/2001-06-28-USENIX.txt
>
> This seems to be the incorrect one (Pauls link seems to be a better
> match), but I think most of my mail is applicable to the direct response as
> well.  Please be patient.  A functional and running Hurd is still news to
> some people :)

Don't be afraid, Marcus. Libre software must be rewarding at least with the
knowledge you gain, and you learn only by comparing different ways of doing
things, and trying, first, to do them right, and, after, to do them better.
It seems that this principle has not been followed by the guy who made the
speech ;)

--
Thierry LARONDE, Centre de Ressources Informatiques, Archamps - France
http://www.cri74.org/