Re: F3 CDs

On 5 Jul 2001, Martin Kretzschmar wrote:

> Robert Bihlmeyer <robbe@orcus.priv.at> writes:
>
> > Philip Charles <philipc@copyleft.co.nz> writes:
> > >
> > > 4. To create an incentive to get the apt-cdrom part of apt working.  This
> > > 	will make life so much easier for me.
> >
> > Actually, I looked into that issue before you diabolic plans were
> > revealed. The main problem was that I've never used the cdrom under
> > the Hurd before (plus I've never used apt-cdrom, anywhere).
> >
> > It seems that "settrans -fag MOUNTPOINT" instead of "umount
> > MOUNTPOINT" is enough to unlock the drive (the storeio process can
> > continue). If that's correct, I can hack that into apt quite easily,
> > and put up some inofficial debs on my website.
> >

> This can be hacked into apt without hacking, can't it? Yesterday I put
> something like this in a file /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/50apt-cdrom-hurd
>
>  Acquire::cdrom::"/cdrom/"::UMount "settrans -fag /cdrom";
>
> and apt-cdrom <unmounted> CDs correctly. I added the ::Mount entry, too,
> so that I could remove /cdrom from /etc/fstab.
>
> If you want to RTFM: apt.conf(5)

This sounds great.  Could someone make certain that this is added to apt
package?  We are getting to the stage that we urgently need to get the
cdrom part of apt working.  This needs to work "out of the box"

Phil.

-
  Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Dunedin, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818
     philipc@copyleft.co.nz - preferred.           philipc@debian.org