Re: F3 CDs

Robert Bihlmeyer <robbe@orcus.priv.at> writes:

> Philip Charles <philipc@copyleft.co.nz> writes:
> >
> > 4. To create an incentive to get the apt-cdrom part of apt working.  This
> > 	will make life so much easier for me.
>
> Actually, I looked into that issue before you diabolic plans were
> revealed. The main problem was that I've never used the cdrom under
> the Hurd before (plus I've never used apt-cdrom, anywhere).
>
> It seems that "settrans -fag MOUNTPOINT" instead of "umount
> MOUNTPOINT" is enough to unlock the drive (the storeio process can
> continue). If that's correct, I can hack that into apt quite easily,
> and put up some inofficial debs on my website.

This can be hacked into apt without hacking, can't it? Yesterday I put
something like this in a file /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/50apt-cdrom-hurd

 Acquire::cdrom::"/cdrom/"::UMount "settrans -fag /cdrom";

and apt-cdrom <unmounted> CDs correctly. I added the ::Mount entry, too,
so that I could remove /cdrom from /etc/fstab.

If you want to RTFM: apt.conf(5)

        Martin