Re: xfree86-4.1.0-0pre1v2 test packages for hurd-i386 uploaded

Hello again!

On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 05:34:42PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 04:14:30PM +0100, Matthew Vernon wrote:
> >
> > The Hurd box in this house has this problem (^c not working) with the
> > console; OTOH the keyboard isn't correctly configured (I think this is
> > the old UK-US layout thing); is this a known console problem?
>
> I believe this to b a bug in xterm, as rxvt works.

Yes it is a xterm problem

> > Oh, and does Hurd know how to deal with PS2 mice?
>
> In a seamless, wonderful way (touchpad on a laptop I tested works).

Yes it works great!

I wanted to fix the problem with the menu and i think it is a
problem of twm. When i start twm i get  the following error:

twm:  line 85:  ignoring unknown keyword:  include
twm:  line 85:  error in input file:  parse error
twm:  line 85:  ignoring unknown keyword:  defs
twm:  errors found in twm string list

I want to fix this bug but i couldnt find the source packages form
twm and for the xterm. On brandens page is only the source for
the complete xfree package (52MB) which is too big for my
isdn line :(

So i think its best to wait until there are source packages
on the servers?

I also wanted to test the Xfree86 4.1.0 packages on my debian
potato installation but for this i have to upgrade the
libc6 to a version >= 2.2.* which i dont know how to do
without upgrading much other packages (!?)

Thanks Fabian