Re: xfree86-4.1.0-0pre1v2 test packages for hurd-i386 uploaded

On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 04:38:21PM +0200, Fabian Sturm wrote:
> Hello!
>
> On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 03:51:33PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> >

> > Is this problem happening under Linux as well, given the same X server
> > configuration and version?  I would like to know if this is a X server
> > hardware problem independant of the OS or a problem specific to the
> > Hurd compilation.
>
> I think this error is specific to hurd because i had this
> error already with the 4.0.1 packages which work without this error

Reasonable conclusion.  Danm, this means there is work to do :)

They are available following a link frm http://people.debian.org/~branden

> > > Debian in the twm menu (or how do you get a xterm in twm??, sorry
> > > i dont know twm)
> >
> > Maybe it depends on update-menus to work, which doesn't?
>
> Ahh yes i had to install menu for twm now i have a hint where i can look.

If you can fix update-menu, that would be great.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de