Re: Easy Guide Updates

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 07:07:20PM -0400, B. Douglas Hilton wrote:
> FYI, I believe the correct mouse setup procedure is to use
> settrans with the appropriate protocol; e.g. ps/2, but the big
> Hurd secret is to set the mouse type in XF86Config to
> "osmouse". I posted something to this extent about adding
> this info to the Debian Hurd setup FAQ a while back.

I'd set

Option "Protocol" "osmouse"
Option "Device"   "/dev/mouse"

inside the InputDevices Section of XF86Config-4.

I have a serial mouse - when I was using settrans with -protocol
microsoft, I had a mouse which was jumpy (to say the least), when I
used settrans (with the flags to start anew) and specified a
protocol of logitech, it now works fine. I believe that was what
Ivan was seeing, too.

Now to find out why ssh has stopped working, and why I can't run X
apart from as root...

> - Doug

Bob