Re: Easy Guide Updates

On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 04:39:19PM +0100, Matthew Vernon wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> 	I've made the changes suggested herein, and having got a friend
> to do a HURD install using the Easy Guide, made some other
> alterations. We'll try X in a few days ;)
>
> The link to http://f77.nop.or.jp/doc/XFree86-3.3.3.1.html#theTable (in
> neil's guide, the X seciont) seems not to work, though; where do I
> find out about PS/2 mice?

	Eeerr, this might be a little Off-topic...  Following the
    instructions given in various places to get a serial mouse
    working (associating /hurd/mouse -d com0 -p microsoft to
    /dev/mouse and using the protocol 'osmouse' in /etc/X11/XF86Config)
    in XFree86 3.3.6 (installed from CD images F2) makes the mouse
    work.  Well, not really: mouse movement is absolutely jerky, i.e.
    it keeps jumping from one side to the other, it doesn't move to
    the right...  I cat'ed /dev/mouse and noticed that data is not
    read smoothly, I need to move the mouse a little to get data.
    The mouse works perfectly with Linux, as a M$ mouse.  Maybe
    there's something lacking in the docs?

[...]

    Ivan
--